COVID-19 Policies and Procedures for: Dr Wolfe’s Dental Centre
Here's what you can expect:
BEFORE YOUR APPOINTMENT:
• All appointments will require verbal or email confirmation 1 day before your appointment. If you do not confirm your appointment it will be forfeited without exception. Please expect a call from 345.945.4388. or an email from: firstname.lastname@example.org
• All patients will be screened for any respiratory symptoms, fever, recent exposure to COVID-19 or recent travel.
• Patients will be scheduled one at a time during the day in order to allow our staff to disinfect the office in between patients and to minimize any interactions between patients.
• Patients will be asked not to bring a companion if possible and to wear a mask as they enter and exit the office.
• A staff member will be dedicated to accompanying the patient from the moment they enter until they leave to disinfect all surfaces the patient comes in contact with.
• Dr Wolfe’s Dental has acquired all recommended Personal Protective Equipment and will be used for all procedures. They include N95 respirators, face shields, disposable gowns, and gloves.
• High speed suction and dental dams will be used during any procedure that produces aerosols.
We will also implement new procedures when checking patients in and out for appointments. These include the following:
• We ask that you arrive 10-15 minutes before your appointment time.
• Call the office number 345.945.4388 or text 345.327.4044 to notify us of your arrival.
• Any paperwork that needs to be completed prior to your appointment will be done by email.
• Wait in your car for a call asking you to enter the office. This will occur once the previous patient has left and the office has been disinfected thoroughly.
• Please put on your mask and come into the office, and you will be escorted directly into the treatment room.
• At the end of your appointment, you will be informed of any payment you owe for the service rendered.
STAFF AND OFFICE PROTOCOL
• Staff will all wear PPE’s protective equipment.
• Any staff member presenting symptoms of COVID-19 will be sent home immediately and advised to seek testing prior to returning to work.
• All staff members will be tested for COVID -19 every 4-to 6 weeks as a preventive measurement.
All surfaces and equipment will be cleaned and sanitized after every patient.
Appointment split every 30 minutes after each patient per hygienist and every 15 min per doctor rooms
• We also plan to keep our staff to a minimum to reduce any possible exposure for both our staff and patients.
As we continue to monitor the developments of this pandemic, we will make decisions on expanding services and increasing both staff and patients. These decisions will not be made by a specific date, but rather by scientific data.
We hope that these new policies and procedures give our patients the peace of mind and reassurance that we are taking every precaution and have thoughtfully made changes to ensure their safety during their visit.
If you have any questions, please feel free to call the office @ 345.945.4388. We appreciate your patience and compliance in helping us protect our community.
We hope to see you all soon.